Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Plans are pointless. Staying alive is as good as it gets.

Insomnia.  It really sucks and I seem to have a bad case of it. Hopefully it will get better now that my husband is back from his business trip.

It seems that I now have anxiety about sleep. If I need to get up a certain time or have something important to do the next day I get really anxious about getting enough sleep and getting up on time. Which equates to me not being able to fall asleep which makes me worry more - vicious circle.  And that's where the insomnia comes from.

Too add to that vicious circle, if I don't get enough sleep I get a headache/migraine. Which means I need to sleep to get rid of the migraine.

Why not just drug myself into oblivion? Well, if I'm home alone I have to make sure I can wake up if the dog needs to go out. Or clean up stinky cat puke at 5:30am so I won't step in it. Or the house catches on fire. The options are endless and thus back the anxiety.

Which leads me to watching 28 Days Later sometime early this morning. No, scary movies really don't bother me. But I did hear the most interesting quote:
"Plans are pointless. Staying alive is as good as it gets."

 That's how I feel right now. I might explain why later but it's pretty depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment