Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday - End of the week of Doctors

Yeah Friday! I had my last Doctor's appointment for the week this morning.

I saw the Chemo Doctor this morning. I caught him up on all the info from Duke and he checked me all out. The first thing they do when you get there is take blood. I've never had them mention the blood work until today. My white blood cell count was low. All this is means is that I don't get to start Chemo until Monday. I don't mind waiting a few days.

Yesterday afternoon I had the Neuropsychology test. O M G! Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. The actual test, which were not written test, took a few hours. They do fun stuff like give you a letter and you have to name as many words that begin with it as you can think of. Or give you a pattern and then hand you blocks so you can copy it. Or like the SAT where you have a set of patterns and you have to figure out the next one. OH my favorite. They gave me 10 seconds to look at a picture and then all the time I needed to draw it. I did eh on that but then to top it off at the end of the session, they wanted me to redraw them all again! yeah.....

Anyway, 2 weeks from now I'll get some paperwork on how I did. It should be very interesting. That will include recommendations on jobs. Can you say "Would you like Fries with that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment