Monday, July 6, 2009

The Week of Doctors

This week is Doctor appointment week. We start out today with the neurologist.

I've been a couple months without a seizure, the longest I've ever been! We've been changing my meds and we're to the point where I'm about to have a seizure so we're going back up on the Dilantin. Why the big deal about the time between seizures? If I go 6 months seizure free I can drive! So I'm excited that it's been this long and would be very sad if I had one now.

It's not just talking about seizures, I have to go through all kinds of cool little tests to check my current status. My favorite part is when they check my balance. I stay up/don't fall down but it's got to be funny to watch. Also, close your eyes and put your finger to your nose. I generally hit somewhere between my eyes and on my nose but not on the tip. I always start laughing when this happens and keep laughing throughout the rest of the test.

Duke has requested another MRI in a couple months. My neurologist has an in-house MRI and I can get my next MRI there. If I read my insurance right that will save me a lot of $$ too!

Otherwise I've had a "normal" day. The thunderstorms kept me awake for hours so I slept all afternoon. Glad I get to sleep in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment