Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February

We're here: February! Not a big deal really? Just the second month of the year, Valentine's Day, that kinda stuff.

My last visit to the Oncologists, the Medical Oncologist recommended I have Speech Therapy and a whole host of other stuff. The Radiation Oncologist, who I love, recommended I take it easy, take baby steps. She asked when my next appointment was at Duke so we could stagger visits. Since I had seen both oncologist that day she also suggested we do the same with those visits as well. So she asked when I was seeing the other oncologist. My reply? "Febwawary." Without missing a beat, she replied "that's probably why they recommended speech therapy."

So, this is why I don't really like February. If I think and speak really slowly, I can say February correctly. Otherwise I sound like Elmer Fudd. Thank goodness this month only has 28 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment