Tuesday, June 8, 2010

FUNNY!

I have not posted anything funny in a while.  I don't think anything funny has really happened lately... until today.

Ronnie and I went out for lunch.  I've turned mostly into a vegetarian.  I will NOT eat anything with bones and am very, very picky about what meat I do eat.  So lots of times I get a salad or something light. 

Today I'm looking over the menu, not very hungry as usual, and having a hard time deciding on what to get.  There were no appetizers or salads catching my attention so I was looking at everything else.  They had a special of portobello mushrooms in an Alfredo sauce over pasta but that sounded too heavy.  The had a mushroom burger and I asked if it was a portobello and how it was cooked.  The waitress told me it was just regular mushrooms but it was good, so I ordered it.

It took forever to get our food.  We started talking about what was taking so long when I food finally arrived.

That's when it hit me!  I had been wondering how they were going to keep all those sautéed mushrooms on the bun and there it was.  A Mushroom Swiss Hamburger! 

I'm looking at it very confused.  I had ordered mushrooms and here is a cheeseburger on my plate.  Ronnie's explaining to me that I had ordered a mushroom BURGER and the waitress is asking if it's OK or did I want something else.  I was just laughing.  I had never occurred to me that the burger part was actually hamburger. DUH!

The waitress came back and said now she understood why I asking about the portobello and from now on she'd explain that it was a mushroom hamburger.  We were all laughing.

At least I can laugh at myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment