Friday, October 16, 2009

I want to drive!!!!!

I want to drive. I mean I really (really, really, really) want to drive.

I've been feeling better and I'd like to go somewhere by myself. You know, take as long as I want without someone looking over my shoulder. Buy stupid stuff that no one will ever find out about. Grab Hank and go eat French Fries at McDonald's or head over to the dog park. That kinda thing.

We've been talking about it a lot lately. There's a test you can take at Duke that assesses your driving skills. Thinking about when to take it.

Well I got my butt handed to me on a silver platter. No way I'm going to be driving anytime soon. (insert crying sound here)

Ronnie had written up a short, couple paragraphs, statement that he needed typed up. He's a hunt & peck typer so I've always typed it for him. I'm talking maybe 5 minutes of work once I figure out his chicken scratch.

So I take his paper and get started. I did good for the first couple of sentences then it all went to Hades. I honestly could not get the words from the paper through my head into my fingers and on the screen. Somewhere between me looking at them and getting them into head it all went wonky. I'm talking shaking hands, not being able to follow sentences kinda stuff.

That's when we realized that if I cannot even follow that, there's no way I can do all the multitasking required for driving.

My little heart is broken but I'll get through it somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment