Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Slacker!

Yes, I know I've been a slacker about posting. I think about what I'm going to post tomorrow every night as I'm going to sleep. I don't think about it again until the next night when I'm going to sleep. That happens with a lot of things actually. So if I haven't called or emailed, I do think about but then don't remember :(

Yesterday was interesting. Starting Sunday I've had pain in my right side, nausea, lost appetite and just not wanting to move. If I get in the right position I'm "OK" but if I get up and move I'd get sick on my stomach and start hurting again. Hey it's hurting sitting here now and I'm sick on my stomach. Well, I can take care of the nausea because I've got good meds from the chemo, so no puking. But all that other stuff I couldn't do anything about. So I did the right thing or so I thought. I headed to the Rex Urgent Care Center yesterday morning. That's the closest to my house.

The Doctor was very nice and did the check pushing on my stomach and it was horrible. It hurt really bad. My symptoms were not YES it's appendicitis or Kidney problems but it was very possible one of them. He asked that I go the hospital and told me I'd probably be admitted.

Since I've had all my stuff done at Wake Med I asked if I could take myself over there instead of REX. He said no problem and they called ahead. Of course I got there and they were clueless. I waited 5 hours in the ER before being seen. I get back there and do all the same pushing and decided the same thing. Could be Kidney or appendix. So they ordered a CT Scan. I get to drink the stuff. Actually they got new constrast stuff and it's just like water and since they hadn't let me have anything all day, I chugged it down.

It takes about about an hour and half for the stuff to get into your system and then you can have the CT. Well about two and hour hours later I get the 5 minute CT. About another hour later we get the results ... it's all clear, no problems!

We talk to the surgeon and he's talked to the radiologist, the ER Dr and his boss. They all agree there is nothing they can do at this point. They refer me to a gastroenterologist and send me home with good pain and nausea meds. So after 12 or 13 hours in the ER they have no idea what's going on.

So here I sit, side still hurting, sick on my stomach waiting for the Doctor to call me back.

And you wonder why I don't update more often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment