Thursday, April 15, 2010

ADHD anyone?

Wednesday is the Therapist and/or Psychiatrist day.  I see the Psychiatrist for drugs and the Therapist for talking and working out issues. 

The typical trip to the Psychiatrist is a little chatting and finding out how my drugs are doing.  This time he told me wanted to add another drug to the mix - adderall.  I had heard about it but didn't know much about it.  He explained that it would help me with both my energy level and my focus.  Hey, I'm all about that!

So I got the prescription and off to the pharmacy I go.

I walked back the drop off area and waited a few minutes.  Went ahead and put my Date of Birth on it because they always ask for it.  The lady walks over and starts putting everything in the computer finds me, and I'm out of there.  But she stops me, tells me to hold on for a few minutes.  She's still typing and looking around.

I notice a little girl walking by me.  She's about 10 and looks like she's wearing Pajama pants and a teeshirt.  But these were not just any PJ pants these were MONKEY PANTS!!!!!!  Purple monkey pants to be exact with yellow bananas.

The lady looks up at me and I say:  

ME: "Hey, she's wearing monkey pants!" 
Her:  "Huh?"   
Me:  "She's wearing monkey pants!"
Her:  "What?"
Me:  "The little girl, she's wearing PJ pants with Monkeys and bananas on them"
Her:  "Oh, okay"

I decided at that point it was pointless to explain that I was wearing Monkey socks.

Anyway, I'm still waiting and she finally tells me that Medco requires confirmation from my Doctor as to why I need this medication.  They will have to fax a form to the Dr and he will need to fax it back to Medco.  Once that is done Medco will approve the medication and I can pick it up.

I looked at her and said "lady, I have brain cancer.  I just randomly talked about some little girls monkey pants.  I think I need some ADHD medication"

She starting laughing so hard I thought she'd wet her pants.

I asked if there was anything I needed to do and she told me no.  Just to call back in a day to two to see if had been approved.

Guess what? It was approved the next day!  They said it was the quickest they've ever seen one approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment