Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mr. UPS Man

My Chemo drugs are shipped via UPS. Priority Overnight UPS; this means you have to be there to sign for them and they arrive sometime between 8am to Noon.

I had been notified that the drugs were on the way but really had no idea what time they would be there. Ronnie had something to do and I figured as soon as I jumped in the shower the UPS man would show up. So I just had to hang out in my robe and wait. Keep in mind that living in the country UPS tends to show up around 5pm no matter what time they are supposed to be here.

The guy finally showed around noon. I opened the door and the guy was looking weird. Well, I did look pretty bad. I still had on my fuzzy pink robe and Pj's. Hair all messed up. You know that just outta bed, all messed up look. I had brushed my teeth so I knew it wasn't bad breath. He kept looking at the ground and not at me at all. I apologized for being in my robe and explained that I knew he'd show up as soon as I jumped in the shower. He mumbled something about signing and just hurried off the porch. I took my package and checked out my drugs.

All was good, I had my drugs and I could finally take a shower. I walked into the bathroom and I suddenly realized why the UPS man was freaked out - I didn't have a hat on. I had been standing there in my robe with 1/2 a head of hair and a huge scar running down over half my head. No wonder I scared the guy!

1 comment:

  1. I think the UPS man should have been more sensitive. - Dawn

    ReplyDelete