Friday, February 20, 2009

Word Salad

For all my fellow BSG (Battlestar Galactica) fans you may have missed this little tidbit.

On last Friday nite's episode, No Exit, Sam Anders had a bullet in his brain. A neurosurgeon was called in to remove it. Anders was having a very difficult time expressing his thoughts and the conversation went something like this:

Anders: It's ... um.. It's that.... AUGH
Starbuck: What's wrong with him?!?
Neurosurgeon: He has aphasia. We like to call it word salad.

Me: OMG I HAVE WORD SALAD!!!!!!


Ronnie died laughing, as did I. Hank just wondered what all the fuss was about.

Here's example.

I'm watching Headline News and the chimpanzee story came on. Ronnie walked over and we were discussing having lunch. Problem 1: I'm trying to multitask - this is never a good idea. I'm trying to turn the channel because I really do not want to hear about the chimp. I'm also talking to Ronnie about lunch.

Ronnie: What are you doing?

Me: I don't want to watch this chimp stuff.

Ronnie: What?!?

Me: I do no want to see this.

Ronnie: oh you said wear.

ME: I said I didn't want to wear a chimp?

Ronnie: yes

No comments:

Post a Comment