Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Get me a 2 and a 5

Mom came up over the weekend and got me out of the house for a while. We had lunch, did a little shopping, watched the Kentucky Derby - you know that kinda hanging out, resting some but throwing in some outside stuff too.

On the way home we stopped for gas and lottery tickets. Mom had a $20 winner in the LIFE TIME RICHES!!! scratch off game so told me to do the following while she pumped gas: Get us 2 more like the one she won ($10 tickets) and a 5 and a 2.

So I head in, cash in the winner and ask for 2 more just like it and a $5 and a $2 scratch off; no matter which one, just grab'em. I paid and headed out for the car. Mom had already finished gassing up and was waiting for me.

I get into the car and we scratched off the $10 tickets. I won $40 and Mom had a loser. She then asked me where her 5 and 2 was. I handed her the scratch off tickets. "here's the 5 and here's the 2. Just got whatever was at hand."

She died laughing. And kept laughing.

I was very confused, I had followed orders (I thought) and didn't know what was up. She finally told me between fits of laughter. She had wanted a Cash 5 (5) ticket and a Power-Play PowerBall ticket (2) for tonight. Then I started laughing.

We scratched off the $2 and the $5 - no winners. I went back in and got us another 2 LIFE TIME RICHES!!! and pocketed $20 I had won. I then ordered a Cash 5 and a Power-Play for tonight.

Finally all was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment