Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Laughing Hippo

Dad picked me up this morning (lunch) to hang out with him and chill at "home" for the day. I knew there were a couple little kids around and I'd need to explain why my head looks weird.

I had to think a lot but I finally figured it out. Here it goes:

I was working at the zoo. (Yes, I work at the zoo) I washing a hippo and I started tickling him because I washing him under his arm. Well, the hippo starting laughing and accidentally kicked me in the head. No the hippo didn't get in trouble and yes I'll be fine.

So I got this story told to one little cousin. I just got a call from her Mom thanking me for the story because it was 20 questions all the way home. Why did the hippo kick Nannypea? Why was she washing him? Why does she work at the zoo? And just went on and on from there.

She thought she'd answered all the questions and they had moved on from the hippo incident. They were working on letters using flash cards. When the H card came up the answer was "H for Hippo like the one that kicked Nannypea in the head."

Never ever underestimate the memory of a 3 year old!

1 comment:

  1. That was a very creative story. If you keep using your imagination while you are going through you recovery, you might end up writing a best selling book. Who knows what God has in store for you through this experience.

    ReplyDelete