Monday, March 16, 2009

My Super Spidey Sense

I have a Super Spidey Sense; my sense of smell. Now this can be good because I can smell the smallest of odors and get us out of the house in case of an emergency. This is also bad because I can smell the smallest of odors and they make me sick on my stomach.

Smell in Point:

We had a BOGO (Buy one Get one) coupon for Ruby Tuesday. I tend to eat more/better at lunch so we decided to hit our local spot around noon. We walked in got seated in the No Smoking Section and sat down. I immediately got up and said - Nope. Can't sit here it smells too musty. I mean like something had been spilled on the carpet and had been never been cleaned up, just allowed to dry, eventually - over and over and over again. It was GROSS.

Ronnie just says, well walk around and find a spot that smells better or we won't eat here. As I walk off I hear him say to the waitress "She's on Chemo" cause you know that makes everything OK.

I walk around the restaurant and it all smells the same. So I walk back and sit down, tell them I"ll just suck it up. Ronnie knows this just means I won't eat and we'll be wasting food and money. The waitress suggest I walk over to the tables by the windows by the front door. She explains that they normally get more fresh air and normally smell better. I walk over there - it was by the bar so I had not checked it out. I had assumed they would smell like smoke. It was better there! It was still a little funky smelling but not overwhelming.

Therefore we were able to have lunch and satisfy my super spidey smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment